Saturday, January 21, 2012

In-Laws or Out-Laws


In-Laws and Out-Laws
I am blessed to have the most amazing in-laws. I’m sure that 12 years ago none of us imagined we’d be where we are but just the same God makes great plans that we aren’t privy to. This time twelve years ago Jayme and I had been dating not even two months. God is amazing at little surprises and by March we were planning a wedding. I could’ve been ruled quite the out-law (maybe I was) at the time. Even then Wynne and Patty jumped right in with us and helped pull it all off. I spent most, maybe all, of my wedding ceremony in tears. Standing in front of our families and friends, making vows of for better or for worse, starting down a path that we couldn’t begin to fathom what it held. I remember looking down on two people that I didn’t know but could already tell were pretty amazing. I swear my eyes weren’t the only wet ones.
Today those two people are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. I repeatedly say thank you at their house. It probably sounds fairly routine to them, but I honestly could never say thank you enough. They are my go-to sitters for kiddos, if I need help with anything the number I dial is theirs. They inspire me in so many ways and really are Dad and Mom. We can go to them for advice and they’re so good about listening and giving perspectives and yet not telling you what to do.
Wynne is an amazing grandpa, I love that he takes the boys in the tractor and teaches them things about farming and being Iowa raised and a faithful servant, because of him they dream big, work like farm kids should and play harder. I’m always happy to say that he’s my father-in-law. Patty is a grandma that all kiddos dream of, who doesn’t want to go to grandma’s for cookies? She truly is valued far above rubies in my book, a mother-in-law women dream of. A mom to my heart and a loving pair of hands that serves Christian love in all that she does. I always say I’m so spoiled and it’s simply because I have the best in-laws ever living just across the way.
I write this because I’m willing to tell the whole world just exactly how awesome I believe these two are. They inspire me to parent my children with Christian ambition, raising them to have servant hearts and being the gentle guides and holds of the hand that any person is ever looking for. I could never thank them enough for everything they do. I could never thank God enough for sharing them with me. These two and the last twelve years of crazy that we’ve shared with them is absolute proof that God is absolutely amazing and good in all that He does. Definitely not out-laws but in-laws here!

Wynne and Patty,
I wish you, my in-laws, a blessedly beautiful 35th anniversary from the bottom of my heart. I can’t wait to celebrate dozens more with you. I love you Mom and Dad, well to be honest all seven of us do!
Jayme, Nicki, Jayden, Andrew, Mackenzi, Madeline and Quinten

LuvNHugz!
DV - NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment