Saturday, September 17, 2011

Takin' Five for Gitz 'n Joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player


It’s been a while – a LONG while since I’ve sat and written a post.  I consistently want to, I just don’t make the time to.


Today is different - my heart is hurting - Gitz is going.  Going home.


Gypsy Mama was hosting her five minute Friday, as usual and is asking us to capture those minutes while thinking on joy.  Just as Gitz would wish for us to choose joy, I’m going to take my Friday five, even if it is a Saturday morning.



Go –


Joy, it’s in the simplest moments of life.  It’s in the beauty of raindrops slipping down the glass.  It’s in the pure love of a grief stricken minute when you’re remembering all your favorite things about a person.  It’s the pure laughter of a child and their slobbery kisses.  Joy is a feeling and in turn it’s something we can feel regularly or rarely.  So often feelings are choices and it’s easy to get to the bad feelings and the why me points of life.  Sometimes it’s quite difficult to choose the joy in each moment.  Sometimes it’s the last thing I want to do.  The thing to remember is that God is good ALWAYS.  Not just sometimes, not just when we deserve good and beautiful things, but always are His plans good.  It’s hard to remember that we don’t know the big picture and that we don’t need to understand the hows and whys of life.  We gotta leave all that hard work to Him.


Done



Thanx Gitz – for everything!!  God always gives His best to those who leave the choice to Him - Choose Joy.  Beautiful words that will have to find space on my wall now too.  I thank Him for you, Sara, all your beautiful ways and precious life, for showing me what joy there is in choosing Him.



LuvNHugz – SupportNPrayerz


DV - NMV


No comments:

Post a Comment