Friday, April 13, 2012

Takin' Five on Friday - Good-Bye

Oh, sweet Gypsy Mama this one could go so many ways, so many ways.

Ready - Set - Go

11:17

My month has seen good-byes.  Good-byes are spoken on any given day at a million moments in a million ways.  Love You - Bye, See Ya - Bye, all the many ways that we end a conversation, bump into at the grocery store, meeting, fellowship, work day, all ended with a "Bye" at some point.

What is hard to grasp is that sometimes this "bye" is the last one.  It brings me back to Bob Perks.  He has a little ditty that was penned in some way many years ago.  I have it taped in my bathroom and read it daily.  I'll include it at the end so as not to waste precious minutes finding it and retyping it here.

Never let the chance go by that you wish for a moment for the "good-bye" you wish you could've said.  Life is too short to not take that moment to say "Hello!" carry on the chat and share a little love on this day and send someone on their way with a little lovely "Good-bye!".

Remember that for every precious good-bye moment there are a million more of the moments that lead up to it.  Enjoy those, don't focus on the good-bye, because thanks to our most amazing Father, good-bye only ever means, until I see you again.

11:23 (sorry I pushed it)

Now to credit Bob for the inspiration he shares with the world.
I Wish You Enough
I wish you enough sun to keep you attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye".
--Bob Perks

Love you,  Good-bye!
DV-NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment