Thursday, November 14, 2013

Amish Peace

Okay, I totally signed up to help promote this new The One Year Book of Amish Peace devotional from Tricia Goyer and wow, am I so blessed to have done so!! This devotional is A-MA-ZING!!!
Seriously, take a quick peek!! http://www.triciagoyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/oy_book_of_amish_peace_sampler.pdf
The day it finally came was like celebrating my birthday. A special gift, just for me, only me and truly what a thoughtful friend it came from. I opened it up, turned to the date's devotion, October 17 and it spoke like a spear to my heart. I have a friend walking a difficult road and I have no idea how to reach her. This day's devotion as well as many between then and today have given me insight into how to pray for and help her.
I love the quiet moments of my day when I'm reading and pondering what Tricia has written. The proverbs, the messages, the scriptures, it all comes together so well, God's truth and wisdom surely shines through in every page.
So, I shall simply say, go find yourself a copy today, if you're close by and want to do a study with me, give me a shout. There is nothing more profound than a devotional that truly speaks to you of God's Voice in the Simple Things.

These are things I enjoy sharing with my children, friends and family.
Find a way to slow down and enjoy the steps of your day instead of worrying about there being so many steps to go. Prepare for the upcoming holiday season by go about your days thanks-livingly instead of spending just one day in thanksgiving. This is truly the time of year to start the new habit of being the change you wish to see in the world.
No need to wait until January 1, 2014 to "start" something. Start it today. I have no guarantee for tomorrow much less a week, a month or more past today. Turn to Your Father and ask Him to guide you through, let Him lead you and hold your hand. Let Him shower your soul with the peace you'll feel in simplifying your life.
So, go to your local bookstore or jump over to Tricia's website (http://www.triciagoyer.com/non-fiction/) and click on the link to get your own copy. I truly think you'll find it inspiring!

DV-NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment