Friday, July 20, 2012

Takin' Five on Friday - Enough

It's been a while but I'm sitting at the county fair and two kids are wandering aimlessly with friends.  Then there four are playing in the dirt, either sweeping up repeatedly or driving tractors through "their farms" ahh, sweet childhood.
Okay on to stealing five minutes for me.  I definitely need it.

Enough

Yup, I've had enough. I'm walking around in a fog lately. Friends with twins that get crazy sick then a month after they start to return to wellness (on their 3rd birthday) their home burns to the ground.  Leaving this awesome family homeless and with nothing but charred memories.  Then there's my dear friend working on rebuilding his marriage.  That tender moment when he thought all was well and then his breath is knocked out of his lungs when he's told otherwise.  How about the sweet young woman that is now watching her family from heaven instead of loving on them here.  Grandparents in hospitals.  Car accidents prevented by listening to God's priceless whispers.  A shooting in Colorado movie theatre.
Worlds turned upside down.  People brought to their knees in prayer.
I've had enough heartbreak I want to see these amazing things God has planned in action.
Off to see the beauty in the day, as it is all around us.  Just like this sunrise and the flowers that are dancing here in His light.  This is where I'll find the beautiful works of our Father, in the every day blessings.

Oh, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.


No comments:

Post a Comment