Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rain On Me

That's the title of the book I want to find.  It's a devotional written by Holley Gerth.  She's been sharing some of the book on the incourage.me book club page.  I'm loving it.  I shouldn't be surprised, I LOVE her blog, seriously, I look forward to the email bringing me her words every day.
It's Holy Week.  I can't say that I've ever really given it acknowledgement like I am this year.  It's so easy to run around playing catch up (and still losing ground) that Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday is just another week.  Getting caught up in the fun of Easter Egg Hunts and gathering the goodies and candies of the season that the real important reason is glazed right over.  Not intentionally, I know what He did for me, but it's sometimes easy to forget to thank Him for it.  He gave us His all so that we can walk with Him in our imperfections.  He loves me in spite of the fact that I forget to center on Him every moment of my day, in spite of the fact that we are NOT the picture perfect family, and even though I am sinful.  Christ died to pay the price of my woeful, pitiful and sometimes ugly ways.  He loves me so much that He sent His son to pay the price of my failures.  WOW!!
He is all that I need, all that I need to live my life.  My family, my car, my house, the stuff I have.  I don't need any of it, I enjoy it, will use it, love it, care for it for as long as He entrusts it to me and I will do my best to show Him how grateful I am for all of it.
Thanx to Holley because I can find comfort in the rain too.  Her words encourage me, reminding me that God is my umbrella of shelter from the downpour, He is the galoshes (aka poop boots) I might don to keep my feet securely on the path and the He's the sun peeking through the clouds when it's starting to clear.
Storms of life make the travels eventful, memorable and beautiful.  Let the rain pour down and storms rage on as eventually the calm will return and the sun will come out.  Whatever way my day goes, He is in control and that's all I'll ever need to know.

DV - NMV

1 comment:

  1. Love your thoughts here -- just today, while the kids were at school, I sat on my porch swing and just thanked God for what He has given me and what He has done. He is good.

    ReplyDelete