Sunday, May 22, 2011

Calling All Prayer Warriors

I need your help.  There is a young lady that has been heavy on my heart for the last year.  A sweet, dear girl that I have feared she will just become another 'number'.  One that is pregnant in high school because she's looking for someone to love her.  The kind of looking that lets unresponsible young men take advantage of her for a roll in the proverbial sack a few times and then walks away from when the fun wears off.
Her parents are doing the absolutely best job that they can in raising their children.  They are helping raise their grandchildren and doing a great job at everything they can.  It is just one of those situations that at some point along the line the circle has to be broken and someone needs to steps outside of the comfort zone of the life they're in and make a change and creat a new and wonderful life.
I don't know where I come into all of this, I just feel like I'm not listening to God so now He's thumping me over the head.  I brought it up to my husband last night and we possibly will offer for her to come help me kind of in a nanny type of way a week or two, possibly a month (or whatever God gives us) this summer. 
I have heard that she is believed to be pregnant, expecting in December and I mainly want her to know that she has options.  She can still finish school, become a wonderful single mom, share her blessing with someone else or whatever.  I just want to be there for her.  I want her to know that the only place she needs to look for that unconditional, unwavering love is to God.  He always has His arms wide open for her.  I don't want her to end up like my parents (not going there today either) or another 16/17(?) year old mom ending up with multiple babies, dead beat daddies, waiting for her check in the mail.
Please lift her (and us) up in prayer.  Let me open my ears to what God wants me to do.  Let her heart (and her family's hearts) be open to the possibilities.  Pray that God's will be done - THAT is what matters!
Thank you!!!
LuvNHugz - SupportNPrayerz
DV - NMV

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for her and for your family Nicki. You just never know how God wants to use you to sow in others' lives. Open hands and open hearts - may you be blessed as you bless others like this young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice post dude. praying for all of you. thanks you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God that he has put you in this girl's path. Any updates?

    ReplyDelete