Saturday, January 15, 2011

The task...

...ahead of you is never so great as the power within you.  It's another translation of the Philippians Bible verse I have listed on here.  I have a business card with those words on it.  I have no idea where it came from.  Maybe one of my boys got it at school, maybe I saw it at the store and bought it (though I do NOT remember that) wherever it came from I stumbled across it here at home one day.  I carried it around in my pocket for several days and then it's been laying on my bathroom vanity ever since.
Do you have any idea how powerful those words are?  I've heard the verse before and had it highlighted in my bible even.  Still, I was clueless to the power of those words.  I've been reading them daily for weeks it seems and the peace I have is wondrous.
I've said before that I feel changes coming.  I feel the imminence of greatness.  I'm blessed beyond belief but the things I feel coming I can't even describe.  I'm so blessed and awestruck that I really have no needs.  Nope, not in the usual sense of the word.  With that view I have no all consuming wants either.  Not anymore.  I have everything.  How so? Easy, I have:
Faith, a sense of security that even though I have choices in my life the details are handled my the grand master.  He is always at my call, He is always beside me and only because of Him and through Him is everything gonna be alright.
Family, connections and relationships.  I have the people that I was born connected to that I share ancestry with.  Those that I married to, my husband and the rest of his family are now mine as well.  Yet, those that are mine through my heart.  The ones that I have to blood ties to, no claim through name, but those that with my heartstrings are sisters and brothers in every sense of the word.
Home, it's not just a house.  It could be an apartment, camper, tent or even cave in the hillside.  It's knowing that I belong right here, right now, as I am.  It's accepting everything that God has given me and loving it.
Hope, knowledge that there is so much more.  Knowing that if my house burned to the ground tomorrow, it's only a building.  Knowing that if something happens to me or a loved one, there is life beyond today.  Knowing that the although road is long, winding and even rough, there are green pastures, mountain peaks and rainbows waiting for me along the way.
Love, is love.  If God is for us, who can be against us?  There is no greater love than that!
I don't know where you come from or who you are.  What I know is that it took me a LONG time to figure this stuff out.  I wasn't always content with who I am.  My past was full of sad and lonely days that I really just didn't know what to expect.  I always tried to look at the glass half full, but it wasn't easy some days.  It's different now.  Why?  I'm not really sure.  Some say it's like a switch was turned on and everything is just different one day.  I don't really know that.  I do know that surrounding myself with appropriate people and opening my eyes to see the possibilities has made a difference.  Taking time to be thankful for all of it.  Yes, all of it.  The awesome ups and the sadness in the lows.  Without being thankful for the 3 miscarriages I had I am in no way able to be thankful for my five precious blessings.  Opening your eyes to the reality that you should be thankful for EVERYTHING you have and lived through makes it easier to be thankful for the beauty in your life.
If you're not deliriously happy with the right now life you're living how will you be able to be happy later?  I'm not asking you to never get frustrated or lose your cool.  I'm not telling you that it's not gonna happen.  I'm just asking you to take a deep breath at those times and if you have those moments more often than not, do some reevaluating in your life.  Consider these next words.  "You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big questions: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." ~Jim Rohn
This is YOUR life.  Take comfort that you're not alone.  Live the life you deserve because you're worth it!  Besides, with God everything is possible!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment