Saturday, February 12, 2011

Giving

That can be a hard one for some of us.  Sometimes it's easy, you know, tossing your spare change in the red kettle at Christmas time.  Even buying fundraiser goodies for any of the numerous reasons that people have these days.  I love me some Thin Mints!!  What about giving in the way of sacrificing?
Seriously, it's the tithing of giving before reaping your rewards.  Instead of making sure you have all that you want and then giving from what's left over, giving first from all that you have then making ends meet from what's left.  God blesses those that make Him the priority.
Deut. 28:2-6 All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord you God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country... You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
Go read the whole passage.  Doing our many works to glorify the Lord will only make our day brighter.  It's not just about giving the small stuff.  It's about understanding that the big sacrifices glorify Him as well.  For many years I have felt that the rifts in my large extended family would be healed through a loss in my immediate family.  It's quite scary for me to put those words into black and white.  I don't know if it will be the loss of a child, my husband or even my own life, but deep in my heart I've felt this for many years.  Will it be hard?  Oh, my, yes.  I haven't a clue how we'll endure at the time, only that I know God has a plan.  I could be very wrong in this and I could spend many more years waiting for it as well.  I have enduried the loss of three little babes to miscarriage.  At the time it was very hard to grasp and not hurt, but I have a bit of understanding to the why of what happened.  I know that the family I have now, would not be what it is without those losses (luv to you my babes in heaven).  I also feel better equipped to be there to help comfort family and friends that have to deal with the same loss.
Am I willing to give or sacrifice to glorify Him?  If I am called upon to do so, I will do it.  It is not for us to understand in the ways of the world, but to give willingly for the glory of the Lord.  If He can better reach the broken hearted through me, then I give myself to Him.  No questions asked, no bartering offered, yes, some fear.  Then again, grace (the free and unmerited favor of God) is the gift He gives me every day, so what more should I need from Him anyway?  He also always promises to be there for me, so whatever may come I shall not (nor my family) walk the journey alone.

Deo Volente...
LuvNHugz~SupportNPrayerz
NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment