Thursday, October 20, 2011

Capturing Cheer

Proverbs 17:22 NLT - A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.

Have you ever been drawn to the cheerful person in the group?  The one with an easy smile, sweet inspiration in her stories or an uplifting air about him.  They come in many forms.  A young child, your best girlfriend, your dear husband, the adorable older lady next door, your lovable great aunt or a courageous grandfather.
It is also quite true that when there is someone broken around that drains us of our own energy we will withdraw from them.  I know I set limitation on the relationships with the people around me that I can only 'take so much' of.
What I never realized until reading this verse is that there might be occasions where I'm the cheerful spirit that people are coming to for light in their dark, help with their loads and a shoulder to lean on.  I have several relationships that I'm willing to be there for daily, and yet there are those that I tend to keep my distance from.
I want to be that cheerful spirit willing to be there, willing to connect and support, willing to love and be the medicine that others are sometimes looking for.
What a beautiful verse!  Exactly the encouragement that I needed in this time of change in my life. 

Capture cheer - a new item on my to-do list!

LuvNHugz - SupportNPrayerz
DV-NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment