Thursday, October 13, 2011

Capturing Rest

It's been a day!  Filled with cleaning, reorganizing, preparing.  My mom is moving in with us soon.  After 31 years of marriage my parents (finally) decided to go their own ways.  Several months later the divorce decree is signed and they finally can make strides to start over.  Starting over is not easy for either of them as they had managed to accumulate a lot of debt.  So now, as it goes I hope that they are finding a new solid path and peaceful days.  On the other hand I know that they are struggling to get by.
What does this have to do with rest?  Plenty.  I am preparing my home that already shelters the chaos of seven to include a grandmother that tends to indulge my kiddos every whim if she can.  Sitting on the vouch tonight capturing these words and pondering the possibilities of the coming weeks is rest enough for my weary soul.  I have come to the conclusion that this is my way of serving my mom right now.  I would say that this time here next to my husband, babes sprawled across my lap is a bit of beautiful rest for me.  Rest after sorting a storage room, thumbing through old pictures, flinging garbage and stumbling onto sweet treasures forgotten.

Rest that is a gift from God that I get to enjoy here and now. 
Matthew 11:28 NIV. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Ah, the gift of rest, I will take it however I can get it.  Capturing moments here while my burden is lifted by the One willing to carry it for me.
LuvNHugz - SupportNPrayerz
DV-NMV

No comments:

Post a Comment