Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Capturing Comfort

What is comfort to you?  A warm blanket, a cup of coffee, how about a hand to hold?  Comfort comes in many forms and can mean a great many things to different people.
It is fall and here that means cooler weather, warm sweatshirts, fleece blankies, hot chocolate, oatmeal and ideally for me a crackling fire.  Sometimes I get that comfort I need in a quick hug, a long overdue conversation or even a good book.
There is one place I can turn to for comfort no matter the day, time or event.  My Father's arms.  God is there for me in all of this.  He always has a shoulder to lean on, a hand to help me up and a ear for listening.  I haven't always known this comfort was available.  I was not taught at a young age to take my cares to Him.  I have walked many long lonely days in my time.
I'm not granted easy, carefree days for the rest of my life, but I am guaranteed that I never have to go them alone again.  I don't have to wonder "Why?" because I know that He is working out all things for the greater good and the bigger picture.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Yeah, I can take comfort in that.  I can set out in whatever I do with a knowledge that it will all work out and come together.  It may not work out according to my plan, come together as I initially expect but 'Thy will be done' is all is really need to remember anyway.

LuvNHugz - SupportNPrayerz
Deo Volente
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment